Here Be Dragons
The "More Power" Cold Water Diving Resource Guide
Warm water diving? It's for Sissies!. Give me the frigid waters of the north coast any day and twice on weekends.
...but (whine), the water's too murky, I can't see.
Ya Pansy! Buy a one-way ticket to Southern California and join the rest of the slackers and lightweights all snug and cozy in their velvet lined Yuppy Carts!
Local Folklore - Big Moe; Sparky, Fluffy and Archie
Have you heard about Big Moe? An aptly named 18 foot Great White Shark cruising the waters off the Mendocino coast. He's been displaying his dorsal fin to the delight of abalone divers and spearfishermen alike. A local DSG (dive store guy) even claims he's been systematically bumping rubber boats to provide that tummy tingling sensation we all love so much!
Just remember, tales grow taller in the telling, so don't be surprised if the next time the rumor mill comes around, Big Moe will be callously munching neoprene seals!
Not to be confused with Big Moe, a trio of great white sharks, Sparky, Fluffy and Archie, have been terrorizing surfers near San Onofre in Southern California. Not to worry though, SoCal surfers have never been known for their sand, these minnows are barely six feet in length. If these small fry wander too far north, a cold water freediver will rename the triplets "Lunch".
Enough foolin' about, here are your links
to where the water is cold, the spearfishing hot and the abalone sweet.
Blood Triangle (Santa Cruz --> Bodega Bay --> Farallon Islands)
- California Dive Boats Official California Dive Boat Page
- California Diving Adventures
Find great places to dive and explore California waters
- California Marine Weather and Ocean Conditions
The best links for checking California diving conditions
- California Wreck / Scuba Homepage
- divers.net The Source for California Scuba Diving Information
- ScubaDuba The Ultimate Scuba Diving Site On The Web
- Stephen Quashnick's California Scuba Diving and Freediving
The place to get information about the best Northern California diving
- The Great White Shark Predator of the Deep
- The King of the Sea
- Shark Diver
- Watson and the Shark
- Amigos Del Mar
Northern California dive club based in the heart of Silicon Valley
- Central Coast Scuba Diving Resources
- J.A.W.S. Just Add Water, Sonoma
- Sonoma Coast Dive Sites
- Sonoma Coastal Region Parks.
- Albion Cove Lingcod spearfishermen's' delight.
- Anchor Bay First class abalone hunting and fishing grounds
- Northern California Coast Scuba Diving Resources
- North Coast Diving News
Complete information for diving from San Francisco north to the Oregon border
- Northern California Underwater Photographic Society
Educational organization promoting interest in underwater photography
- Salt Point State Park's South Cove Fun place to hunt for abalone
Pacific Northwest and Canada
- BC Dive Guide Dive directory for British Columbia, Canada
- Eric's SCUBA page!
Features Puget Sound and the pacific northwest, including almost 100 dive site reviews.
- Dive B.C. Scuba diving guide for British Columbia, Canada
- Oregon Coast Dive Sites
- Scuba Diving in British Columbia
Dolphin Divers of Sacramento - I'm a former Webmeister here, so check them out!
© 1998-2008 Randall K. Hanson. All rights reserved.
Last modified 02-February-2007.